1. First of all, you must create an account. The account is used to log into both the game and our website. Click here to open the registration page.
2. Install World of Warcraft. You can download it from here: Download now!.
3. Open up the "World of Warcraft" directory. The default directory is "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft". When you've found it, open up the directory called "data", then go into the directory called either enUS or enGB, depending on your client language.
4. Open up the file called "realmlist.wtf" with a text editor such as Notepad. To do this, you must right click on the file and choose properties, then select notepad as the default software for files with the ".wtf" ending. You may also just start the text editor and drag the file into the edit window.
5. Erase all text and change it to:
set realmlist logon.wrathbane.com
set realmname "Wrathbane"
6. save this fiile, and proceed to download our custom patch at click me (Updated Tuesday, December 25, 2018).
7. Once the download is finished you need to place the downloaded file in your world of warcraft data folder, located in the root folder of world of warcraft for example: C:/wotlk-Client/Data and place the patch there.
If you are only playing on the dalaran realm, the patch is not required, and can be removed from the client.
You can remove the patch by going in to your world of warcraft installation directory, example:
C:/wotlk-client/data and remove the patch by deleting it or renaming it to patch-w instead of patch-w.mpq,
The patch is not active if the file extension is removed.